- This one is the most obvious. It means "I love you." It represents romance and love.
Deep Pink Rose
- This simply means "thank you". If someone you know does something nice for you, a deep pink rose is a good way of saying "thank you".
Regular Pink Rose
- A pink rose represents happiness. It's great to give a pink rose to a partner to say, "I'm very happy with our relationship."
Light Pink Rose
- A light pink rose means "sympathy". When someone has had a loss then light pink roses is a very nice way of expressing your condolences.
- A white rose symbolizes innocence and purity. When combined with red roses (see further down), it represents "unity".
- A yellow rose symbolizes friendship and caring. It's the perfect innocent gift to give to a friend or give to a loved one when you simply want to say "I care". When given to a friend it also means "I'm happy with our friendship."
- A lavender rose is a symbol of "falling in love". When you give it to a person you are saying "I have fallen in love with you and am enchanted by you."
- An orange rose is a symbol of desire. "I desire you" or "I desire to get to know you better" is the message that orange roses send.
- Never ever give a woman a black rose, because Hollywood has, unfortunately, made out the meaning to be "death". These aren't easy to find and some maintain that they don't actually "exist".
- A blue rose is very hard to reproduce or find, although some floral companies are trying to do it naturally. Others just die them. To some a blue rose symbolizes "mystery" and to others "attaining the impossible". A blue rose given can symbolize the rarity of your partner. You have attained the impossible.
Mixture of White and Red Roses
- When you deliver white and red roses together to someone, it is a symbol of unification and unity. "May we always be together as one."